Ceftiofur Sodium for Injection
Ceftiofur sodium for injection
This product is a freeze-dried powder with a color varying from white to grayish yellow.
[Function and Use]
1.Antibiotic drug. It is used for the swine bacterial respiratory tract infection and gallinaceous Escherichia coli and salmonella infection. It is mainly used for preventing and curing the following diseases: 1. swine streptococcosis, haemophflussuis, Porcine contagious Pleuropneumoniae, swine plague and other respiratory diseases as well as the cough, dyspnea, skin cyanosis, arthrocele, limp and abortion caused by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome and Porcine dermatitis and nephropathy syndrome.
2. Cattle: cow mastitis, endometritis, hoof rot, pueumonia, diarrhea in calves, omphalitis and other infections.
3. Fowl: discharge of yellowish green loose stools, pericarditis, perihepatits, peritonitis and other diseases caused by the chicken colibacillosis, typhoid fever, white diarrhea, infectious coryza and so on; pericarditis, perihepatits, peritonitis and enteritis caused by infectious serositis of duck, duck cholera, secondary infection of viral hepatitis.
[Usage and Dosage]
I.The application of Ceftiofur sodium(Chudefu) to fowl
1. Early health care for chicken: as for the chicken aging seven days-old, about 0.25mg of this product for each chicken through subcutaneous injection. To have a better effect, please double the dosage!
2. Chicken infectious bursal disease , duck hepatitis and so on: 2.0mg for each fowl through intramuscular injection.
- Infectious serositis of duck, duck cholera: 2.0mg for every 1kg body weight through subcutaneous injection.
II. The application of Ceftiofur sodium(Chudefu) to swine
1. Used for health care for piglet: this product shall be respectively injected to the piglet when it is 1 day-old, 7 days-old and 21 days-old with a respective dosage of 0.01g per piglet, 0.01g per piglet and 0.02g per piglet.
2. Used for preventing and curing the bacterial disease: intramuscular injection, 0.03g-0.05g of this product for every 10kg body weight , once a day for successive 3-5 days.
3. Used for adjuvant therapy of bacterial disease: it shall be used upon the disease attack, the sooner the better. By intramuscular injection, 0.03g-0.05g of this product for every 10kg body weight , once a day for successive 3-5 days.
III. The application of Ceftiofur sodium(Chudefu) to cattle
1.Used for curing the cow mastitis: mammary chamber perfusion, every gram of this product shall be dissolved in 250ml normal saline, 50ml for each diseased mammary chamber by perfusion, once a day for successive 3-5 days. Intramuscular injection, 1.1-2.2mg for every 1kg body weight for successive 3-5 days, for the ones with severe mastitis, vein drip combined with mammary chamber perfusion can have a better effect , 1.1-2.2mg for every 1kg body weight for vein drip.
2. Hysteritis and Postnatal care: Intramuscular injection before and after delivery and before mating, 0.02-0.03g of this product for every 10kg body weight for just one time. Better effect can be achieved by co-used with cloprostenol sodium.
3. Preventing and curing the bacterial disease and digital dermatitis of cattle and sheep: Intramuscular injection, 0.02g of this product for every 10kg body weight once a day for successive 3-5 days.
It may cause the stomachic and intestinal microflora disorder or double infection; it has a certain renal toxicity; it can cause distinctive unhairing and pruritus in cattle.
It shall be dissolved by water for injection before use; note that its dosage shall be adjusted for the animals with renal insufficiency.
（1）10×0.1g （2）2×0.5g （3）2×1.0g
Stored in an airtight condition in a cool place free from light (below 2-10℃).
[Term of Validity]
3 days for cattle , 1 day for swine, 12 hours for weaning period