Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate Injection
Dexamethasone sodium phosphate injection
This product is a colorless clear liquid.
[Function and Use]
This product has effects such as anti-inflammation, antiallergy, antitoxin and so on. Its function and application is similar to that of Hydrocortisone, while its function is stronger with a longer action time and less side effect. Upon the completion of intramuscular medication of this product in dogs, a fast general action is manifested, the blood drug concentration reached to its peak in 0.5 hour with a nearly 48-hour half-life period, it is mainly excreted through feces and urine. This product is usually used for the synchronous delivery of female animals, but it doesn’t have a labour induction effect on horses. The hepatic microsomal enzyme inducer can further the metabolism of this product and reduce its effects. It can be used for inflammatory and allergic disease, bovine ketonemia and pregnancy toxemia of sheep and so on.
[Usage and Dosage]
Intramuscular and Intravenous injection: daily dose, 2.5-5mg for horse; 5-20mg for cattle; 4-12mg for sheep and pig; 0.125-1mg for dog and cat.
Injection inside joint capsule: 2-10mg for horse and cattle.
1.Water-sodium retention and rejection of potassium.
2.Strong immunosuppressive action.
3. Abortion can be caused by large dose of it in the latter half of gestation.
1. The adaptation diseases shall be strictly controlled to prevent the abuse of it.
2. It shall be co-used with antibacterial drug in the case of infectious diseases.
3. It is forbidden to be used for the animal with severe hepatic function damage , osteomalacia or for the animal in treatment period of fracture, recovery period of trauma and vaccination period.
4. It is forbidden to be used for the female animals in the early and late trimester of pregnancy.
5. A long medication of it shall not be stopped suddenly, instead, it shall be gradually reduced till full withdrawal.
It shall be avoided to be exposed to light and stored in an airtight condition. (below 30℃)
[Term of Validity]
21 days for cattle , sheep and swine, 72 hours for them in Weaning period.